About Us > Careers > Assistant Roaster
Please submit for consideration no later than September 30, 2019
Elysian Coffee Roasters (ElysianRoasters.com) is raising the standard of what it means to source ethically and trade fairly by integrating ethically sourced coffee and investing our resources in long term economic development programs in coffee producing regions.
Assist the Head Roaster in maintenance of the roasting area, roasting, and packaging.
- Batch green coffee into buckets as directed by Head Roaster
- Assist Roaster with Giesen Roaster machine cleaning
- Maintain clean and organized roast area
- Set up and conduct cuppings
- Update inventory records
- Set up, break down, record and communicate all quality control sessions
- Other assigned duties
What You’ll Bring
- Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers
- Flexible, with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Logical and methodological approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attentive to details regarding specific weights, times, and temperatures
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the coffee industry preferred
Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
What You Can Expect
- The ideal intern will be a great fit for our energetic and creative team
- Hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of our team.
Hours: Tuesday and/or Friday for 3-5 hours, depending on workload. Time of day negotiable.
Pay: $12/hour and free bags of coffee every week!
Job Type: Contract
Application Details: Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.